Question:
Can you bring a rose back to life once it is dried up?
xsugarxnspicex
2006-02-01 13:51:00 UTC
If so, how. I tried cutting off the bottom of the stem. Didn't seem to work. Answers are appreciated.
Five answers:
Petals
2006-02-01 14:20:57 UTC
No. If you are really desperate you can try soaking the whole thing in water (laying on its side and weighted) to rehydrate, but they reach a point and they are gone. All roses either dry out or drop petals eventually.

You could preserve it as is -- borax in the laundry soap aisle is used for drying/preserving flowers -- or make beads of the petals. The link for the following recipe calls for 4 cups, so you would have to get other rose petals.

You could also wear a pressed petal in a locket. (I'm assuming you are trying to keep this rose longer out of affection for the giver.)
Random Knowledge
2006-02-02 15:59:25 UTC
Although it is very rare, i have seen roses begin to grow after being dried for over a month. I'm not sure what specific conditions cause this behavior, but it is possible.
bonshui
2006-02-01 14:07:46 UTC
I don't think so, but why not dry it or press it? That way you'll have it forever :)
2006-02-01 13:54:10 UTC
TRY CLONING! LIKE THIS BRAINPOP VIDEO
2006-02-01 13:51:58 UTC
No