Question:
best hedges to grow in north carolina?
wancarol
2006-04-01 09:50:58 UTC
I would like something to grow fast be tough and become a living fence prefer evergreens
Four answers:
crackerboy
2006-04-01 09:56:11 UTC
North Carolina is in hardiness zone 7. Here's a link to hedges that grow well in that zone:

http://springhillnursery.com/search.asp?t=pf&pf_c=3&pf_z=7&pf_se=any&pf_fc=any&pf_u=any&x=19&y=7
gobills
2006-04-01 11:47:35 UTC
For a formal or informal hedge, I would suggest the

Euonymus alata 'compacta' commonly named "burning bush".

It is hardy in your planting zone. It provides lush

green foliage in late spring through summer and turns

a beautifully vibrant red in the autumn. It is deciduous,

meaning it will lose its leaves in the winter, but is

worth it for what it brings the rest of the year.

Here is an example of the hedge in the fall:

http://www.gardenerschoice.net/ProductImages/fullsize/N30030.jpg

Best of luck!
knowitall
2006-04-01 13:27:28 UTC